AirPrint is Apple technology that enables printing from iOS or OS X devices without installing any applications or drivers.
With AirPrint, you can take advantage of driverless printing from iOS and OS X products to printers on the same network. This capability enables mobile workers to quickly print hardcopy documents – helping improve productivity, both inside your organization and on-the-go. It also boosts productivity by eliminating the need for you to e-mail files and attachments to someone connected to the network for printing. In addition, mobile printing with AirPrint helps reduce IT’s burden of managing application downloads and print drivers, and enables you to better manage jobs in your print queues.
AirPrint works seamlessly with many Apple apps, including Safari, Mail, Photos, iWork and PDFs in iBooks. In addition to Apple apps, many third party apps also support AirPrint technology.
Benefits for users
- Convenience of immediate access to a printer
- Quick Wi-Fi connection between mobile device and printer
- Print and share documents on demand
- No need to install any app on the Apple mobile device in order to print
Benefits for IT and Support
- No software to download, drivers to install or cables to connect
- Low maintenance and speed of installation
- Happy end users who can print from Apple devices