Operating a green business is instrumental in creating and leading positive change, and all the major office equipment brands from Ricoh to Canon, Sharp to Kyocera are all focusing on products that contribute to that goal. They know that notwithstanding the hugely positive impact on the environment, being green is also good for your bottom line and will actually save money in the long-run.
So without further ado, here are our smart tips on how businesses can utilize their office equipment to help acheive their sustainability goals:
- Duplexing - Printing and copying on both sides of the paper saves trees! Bonus - it also cuts paper bills in half, so your office supply busget will thank you. You can change your print settings to automatically print duplex.
- Energy Star Certification - Many new machines today are Energy Star Certified. This designation recognises devices that are energy efficent in design and specification. This also helps keep your running costs affordable. If your machine dosn't have this designation, consider replacing with a model that does. It may even pay for itself on your electric bill.
- Recyced Paper - Make sure your machine is compatible with recycled paper. Newer models from all manufacturers should have this compatibility. Check that yours does too and make it a rule to only use recycled paper - thereby reducing your environmental impact.
- Weekly Timer - Many machines (including nearly all of Ricoh's current machines) have an option to turn the system on or off at specified times allowing you to match power consumption to their work schedule so you're not paying to run your machine in the middle of the night when no one is at the office.
- Toner Saving Option - Does your machine have a toner saving option? If you have a newer machine, you probably do. Enabling this feature - either by default, or for specific documents - is an effective way to reduce printing costs with less toner than usual.
- Consumables Take Backs - Take advantage of Consumables Take Back programs. Many manufacturers will pick up used toner cartridges and containers to recycle. Valley Office Systems' customers can simply call us to request a pick-up, or order a cartridge recycling bin. We'll even dispose of that old printer you're replacing.
Easy and efficient ways to save money and the planet. Give Valley Office Systems a call for how to implement these strategies in your organization. Plus, if you're interested in what a new copier or printer can do for your organization, schedule a Free In-Office Analysis today!